Us Student Dependent Visa


This USA dependent visa is granted to dependents of students migrating to the U.S. under an F1 Student Visa.

The U.S. F2 visa gives the legal dependents (spouse and children) of international students with U.S. F1 visa the opportunity to enter the U.S. The stay of these dependents in the U.S. is a subset of the F1 visa holder. In the event, this immigrant withdraws from school and leaves the U.S. then the dependents too must leave. Also if the F1 student is out of the U.S. for an extended vacation term, the F2 must leave as well.

Eligibility Criteria


The student visa holder is required to show evidence of financial resources that is sufficient to support his or her children and/or children. A bank account with about 5000 US dollars is required for the spouse while about 3500 US dollars is required for each child that will be joining you. It must be recent (3 months or less) US bank statement.

For students who have not been in their program for 9 months or more, they are required to submit a letter of support from their academic advisor that they are adjusting well to the academic workload, and he/she has no concern that your academic success may be adversely affected if you bring your family in to the U.S.

F2 visa is suitable for

  • Spouse and children of US F1 visa holders who wants to visit the foreign national studying in the U.S.
  • Spouse and children of USA student visa holders who wants to accompany or join the foreign national student in the U.S.

Visa Program Time Period

Duration of F2 visa

U.S. F2 visa guarantees your stay in the U.S. as long as the principal visa holder maintains valid status, but if the principal loses his or her US F1 Visa under any circumstances, you will lose your status as well.

Working under the F2 visa

Holders of F2 visa are not allowed to work in the US, part time or full time. A work visa must be obtained for this.

Studying on F2 visa

The Spouse can study on a part-time basis while children are allowed to study full time for elementary or secondary school (kindergarten to twelfth grade).

Change of status from F2

US F2 visa can apply for the change of status to F1 visa. Until this is approved, an applicant must not take up a new endeavor.

Application Costing

Visa Fees

All our fees are competitive and affordable.

Why Contact Opulentus?

Opulentus have been processing the visa for quite a long time and know all the necessary information that you would need. Every single time, we have processed several Visa applications. Contact us today and see why we are the best.

Have a chat us with your assessment test in order to test your eligibility to take up this Visa Process which will guarantee you coming to work and live in the nation. We are much available to assist all the way to secure your visa after passing the assessment.

Opulentus Full Service and Processing

As immigration consultants, Opulentus offer you a much higher chance of success when you sign up with us. Our terms and conditions are clear along with transparent and clear policies. We only accept applications we are confident we can deliver on. Our Immigration Services include:

  • Starter Kit issuance
  • Complete migration and application processing
  • Guidance for: professional registration application and acquiring the specific police clearance certificate
  • Forms, documentation and petition filing
  • Assistance with medicals
  • Updates and follows with the consulate
  • Visa interview preparation, if required
  • Airport pick up
  • Accommodation Assistance (provided at additional cost)
  • Relocation orientation

Opulentus Services

  • Expert guidance on the complete process
  • Documentation (this defers from country to country)
  • Checklist of Document stage-wise and help with requisites and choices after the signed copy of service agreement  has been received
  • Provision of documents samples
  • We also correspond with the department on your behalf whenever there is a need for it
  • Support you in scheduling interview date with the embassy
  • Mock visa interviews

News & Articles

The most interesting and informative articles from around the world

Job openings in Canada increased sharply to 581,600 in the 2nd quarter of 2019, up 6.4% in the corresponding period of the previous year, new figures reveal. Quebec estimated for approximate...

read more

Currently India is a fast growing inbound market for Australian Tourism and for the five years consecutively there was a double-digit growth in it.  Australia has set the plans to welco...

read more

The number of Australian citizenship approvals by conferral has grown by 80% with above 145,000 individuals approved for citizenship of Australia in 2018-19. The sharp rise occurs in the wak...

read more

What People Think About Opulentus

what others think of us actually matters
We are Partnered with
  • MARA
    Registered Migration Agent

    Regulated Canadian Immigration Agent

  • IAA
    Licensed Migration Adviser

Leave me a note... You're thinking, "he's not there or it's after hours, by tomorrow he'll have moved on." Note, I work 24/7, you won't have to wait long, promise.