The Entrepreneur Stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program is designed for entrepreneurs, senior business owners or business managers who intend to establish or own a company in Nova Scotia.
Successful NSNP visa program applicants will be eligible to obtain Permanent Residence and ultimately Canadian citizenship upon running the business on a valid work permit for one continuous year non-stop.
Upon obtaining the NSNP visa, the applicant will need to reside in Nova Scotia as well as participate actively in the daily running of the company.
To qualify for the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Entrepreneur Stream, these minimum eligibility conditions must be fulfilled by the applicant.
- Must be older than 21 years.
- Have not less than CAD 600,000 in unencumbered net business and personal assets which are freely obtainable for transfer to Canada, certified by NSOI authorized third party professionals.
- Agree to live and stay in Nova Scotia permanently.
- Be willing to invest not less than CAD 150,000 to set up a business venture in Nova Scotia.
- Be ready to prove that the amassed net worth was not via illegal sources. NSOI will certify this authorized third party professionals.
- Possess at least 3 year's expertise in having a business as well as 33.33 percent holding in the last ten years or possess above 5 year's expertise in a senior business executive designation in the last 10 years.
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in English or French in all 4 components of reading, speaking, listening and writing.
The language competence has to be verified by a recognized language testing organization. The recognized language testing organizations under the NSNP visa program are:
A) For English:
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) General test.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) General Training Test.
B) For French:
- Test d'evaluation de francais (TEF)
The language tests need to be conducted two years before the EOI submission date.
The NSNP visa program application comprises of six steps.
The first five are being handled by the NSOI, while the sixth is handled by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (IRCC).
Each step needs to be completed with all the criteria being satisfactorily met.
The six steps are as follows:
1. Expression of Interest (EOI)
Applicants need to indicate their interest in running a business and residing in Nova Scotia by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) which happens to be a short online survey.
2. Invitation to Apply (ITA)
The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) will notify the top scoring applicants to tender a formal request to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program. This will be done via an Invitation to Apply (ITA) letter.
The NSOI will then carry out an assessment of complete applications received from those invited to apply.
3. In-Person Interview and Business Performance Agreement
After the assessment of completed applications by the NSOI, applicants who possess the eligibility requirements will be invited for a personal interview with a NSOI personnel in Nova Scotia.
The interview is expected to happen not beyond 60 days of the applicant being contacted.
4. Work Permit and Business Establishment in Nova Scotia
Successful applicants who have obtained the work permit are expected to arrive in Nova Scotia, not beyond one year of obtaining the Entrepreneur Approval Letter or risk their file being closed.
Applicants are advised to begin operations in a period of six months of their arrival.
5. Request for Nomination
When the Business Performance Agreement conditions have been satisfied by the applicant for 12 months, the applicant may apply for nomination for permanent residency by the Nova Scotia province under the NSNP. This will be done by tendering a Nomination Request Form.
6. Apply for Permanent Residence
Following receipt of their letter of nomination, the applicant has six months to apply to the IRCC for Permanent Residence.
Once the IRCC confirms that all business and personal criteria have been met, the applicant will then be issued a confirmation of Permanent Residence.
Opulentus can give you the necessary assistance that you need to ease up the application process. Approach us today and see why we are one of the Best Immigration Consultancy in the world.
To get a free assessment report and professional visa services, get in touch with us at Opulentus Overseas Careers. We offer top-notch Immigration Services and will make your Nova Scotia PNP Visa application process stress free.
New numbers show that choosing an immigration lawyer is an applicant's best possibility of success when appealing for a Canada immigration visa. Statistics About Success Rate in Canada Imm...read more
Saskatchewan has announced 743 further invitations to applicants in its Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand immigration sub-categories in draws conducted on Dec 6. The majority of these ...read more
The provincial government of Quebec has pushed forward with its plan to decrease levels of immigration by 20 percent in the year 2019. Simon Jolin-Barrette, Provincial Immigration Minister t...read more
Opulentus has been very helpful. My case officers are extremely good in helping me in getting this Visa. I am very grateful.
I am very glad to choose Opulentus. Thanks to whole team and specially thanks to my case officer for guiding me through out process. I really apprecia...
The team at Opulentus has been very helpful at every step of the way. They had given the right advice and guidance and I would like to make a special ...