Dependent Qmas Hk


Hong Kong Dependent Visa

The Hong Kong Dependent Visa is basically a visa for relocation meant for close relatives of a foreigner, which in this case is their companion and children below the age of 18 who are still single.

The foreigner needs to have an authentic Hong Kong job, training or investment visa. Likewise, the individual needs to either be a Permanent Resident or schooling in Hong Kong.

The principal visa holder needs to file and sponsor an independent application for each relative. The dependent's duration of stay in Hong Kong largely depends on that of the sponsor. This means that the dependent visa holder can only work, live and stay in Hong Kong so long as the visa of the principle remains valid.

Program Details


Based on the status of the resident principal visa holder, the dependents that can join him are the following:

1. Category A: A primary visa holder who has a Permanent Resident Status or an unconditional limit of stay, the dependents he can sponsor are:


Children(legally adopted included) who are single and are less than 18 years

parents above 60 years old

2. Category B: A principal visa holder whose Hong Kong Immigration is only limited to work as a professional, investor, student or is allowed to remain in the country as an entrant of under the QMAS Scheme. Such a principal can only sponsor the following people for the dependent visa:


Children(legally adopted included) who are single and are less than 18 years

Visa Extension

Hong Kong Dependent Visa holders whose sponsors are permanent resident status or an unconditional limit of stay can have their visas extended after 3 years. Application for extension is usually applied four weeks before the expiration of the current visa.

Employment of Dependents:

Dependents of the two categories of sponsors can take employment in Hong Kong. However, if the dependent is admitted to study they are not allowed to take up any employment.

Study of dependents:

Dependent visa holders are eligible to study in Hong Kong without prior permission from the Immigration Authorities. Also, they don't require any student visa to study.

Eligibility Criteria

Required Documents

The documents required to be tendered by the applicant are as follows:

i. A filled Dependent Application Form. If the child applicant is below 16 years of age, the form needs to be endorsed by the father, mother or godparent of the child.

ii. The dependent of a sponsor who wants to obtain a visa either for a job, for investment, for skill acquisition or to study, does not have to fill in a separate form.

iii. A duplicate of your passport page showing your particulars. If you currently reside in Hong Kong, a duplicate of your passport section showing the most recent arrival stamp or elongation of stay label.

A mainland China resident who is yet to obtain a travel paper can tender a duplicate of the People's Republic of China resident ID card.

iv. A duplicate of your Hong Kong ID card (if any).

v. A duplicate is showing your connection with the sponsor, e.g., certificate of marriage, certificate of birth, a photograph of your family.

The documents required to be tendered by the sponsor are as follows:

i. Part B of the Dependent Application Form.

ii. A duplicate of the Hong Kong ID card of the sponsor.

iii. A duplicate of the passport page showing the particulars of the sponsor. If perhaps the sponsor happens to be a current Hong Kong resident, a duplicate of his/her passport showing the page containing the most recent arrival stamp or elongation of stay label.

iv. A proof like a bank statement showing that the sponsor is capable of meeting his/her financial obligations.

v. A duplicate of a rental receipt showing that the sponsor can afford an accommodation.

All official papers tendered should be in English or Chinese or converted into English or Chinese. It should be done only by a reputable and recognized translation body.

Further documentation could be requested for by the immigration unit either from the applicant or the sponsor when the need arises.

Visa Eligibility Points Test

S. No



Claimed Points


Age (Maximum 30 points)
















51 or above




Academic/Professional Qualifications (Maximum 70 points)




Doctoral Degree / Two or more master's degrees




Master's Degree / Two or more bachelor's degrees




Bachelor's Degree / Professional Qualification awarded by a nationally or internationally recognized or acclaimed professional body which demonstrates that the holder has a very high level of technical expertise or skill




Additional points if a degree at bachelor level or higher is awarded by a renowned institution recognized internationally (Note 1)




Work Experience (Maximum 55 points)




Not less than 10 years' graduate or specialist level work experience, including at least 5 years in a senior role




Not less than 5 years' graduate or specialist level work experience, including at least 2 years in a senior role




Not less than 5 years' graduate or specialist level work experience




Not less than 2 years' graduate or specialist level work experience




Additional points for not less than 2 years’ graduate or specialist level work experience with international exposure (Note 2)




Talent List (Maximum 30 points) (Note 3)




Additional points if meeting the specifications of the respective profession under the Talent List




Language Proficiency (Maximum 20 points)




Being proficient both in written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) and English




Being proficient in at least one foreign language (written and spoken) in addition to written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English




Being proficient in written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English




Family Background (Maximum 20 points)




At least one immediate family member (married spouse, parents, siblings, children) is a Hong Kong permanent resident residing in Hong Kong




Accompanying married spouse is educated to the equivalent level of a degree or above




5 points for each accompanying unmarried dependent child under the age of 18, maximum 10 points







Maximum 225 Points


Processing Time

Usually, it would take 6 weeks to process a visa or entry permit application for residence as dependent as per the receipt of all the needed documents. The Immigration Department would not start processing the visa application until all the necessary documents and information have been received.

All the applications are processed and determined by the Immigration Department. Approval for the visa applications is entirely discretionary and the subject to the changes in the Government policies. The Director of the migration will be reserving the absolute discretion to reject any kind of application even if the visa application meets all eligibility criteria.

How Opulentus Can Help You?

Let us guide your family with Hong Kong Immigration Services either for QMAS Visa, Spouse visa or any other Immigration Service.

We can give you the necessary assistance that you need to ease up the application process. Try us today and see why more than 5000 people trust us at a time by applying for different countries visa through us.

Opulentus Fees, Cost and Refund Policy

As an Immigration Consultant, Opulentus offers competitive fee which is best in the Immigration Industry. We processed over one Lakh of active cases from all over the world at a given time, thanks to our state-of-the-art processing center. With Opulentus, you get the best hands at the best prices. Standard prices are charged across all our offices. We ensure that besides company offers and promotions, you will not be demanded or asked to pay a higher or lower price. The company determines prices and remains the same for all clients, offices, and cases.

Opulentus Services

  • We take every step with you, guiding and giving you advice to get the best possible documentation till you get your visa.
  • We provide you with all the information there is to process your application.
  • Visa documentation
  • Once you sign the service agreement copy, we give you the document checklist and provide you with information on what to do and you’re other options.
  • We give you other document samples and guide you on how to fill it
  • We will correspond with the Department for you when necessary
Note that each country has her own documentation service and process. Kindly refer to your Service Agreement for more details.

News & Articles

The most interesting and informative articles from around the world

Job openings in Canada increased sharply to 581,600 in the 2nd quarter of 2019, up 6.4% in the corresponding period of the previous year, new figures reveal. Quebec estimated for approximate...

read more

Currently India is a fast growing inbound market for Australian Tourism and for the five years consecutively there was a double-digit growth in it.  Australia has set the plans to welco...

read more

The number of Australian citizenship approvals by conferral has grown by 80% with above 145,000 individuals approved for citizenship of Australia in 2018-19. The sharp rise occurs in the wak...

read more

What People Think About Opulentus

what others think of us actually matters
We are Partnered with
  • MARA
    Registered Migration Agent

    Regulated Canadian Immigration Agent

  • IAA
    Licensed Migration Adviser

Leave me a note... You're thinking, "he's not there or it's after hours, by tomorrow he'll have moved on." Note, I work 24/7, you won't have to wait long, promise.